the battery in my brain is dead, and i'm without a charger
Hello All.
Yes, still in Iowa am I. And also still without a phone charger.
How can one lose such an important item. No one would want to steal a phone charger. Especially for my stupid phone. It's not big or novel or wonderful. This little piece of black plastic and metal up and ran away. I haven't taken it out of the place I'm staying and have searched this place high and low to no avail. It has become a house issue. I have all 10 occupants of 1215 23rd Street on RED ALERT for my friggin' phone charger.
So, in case you are trying to get ahold of me (doubtful) you can email me and I'll call you on the phone card I got at the gas station down the street. They have fountian sodas.
You know what's intersting about the soda here? Well, besides the fact that they call it pop. The VARIETY. Hot diggity dog. The not only offer both Dr. Pepper AND Mountian Dew regularly but many places also offer diet versions of said refreshments. What a NOVEL ideal.
We had the first day of recruitment today at UNI. It went well for the most part. The women are ready and excited and it couldn't be any better. It's nice to finally get into the "game", the "zone" whatever. Just no more work week. Onto the timing and the number crunching! Holler.
Being in the middle of the country for so long has really made me start to realize the differences between the left coast, the right coast, and everything in between. Some of the things that people say as just part of everyday language here make me CRINGE. It's just been part of my education, just kind of daily banter, and the cultural norm to be as politically correct as humanly possible. And not just for the sake of being PC, but because of common human decency. Because in California everyone holds hands, skips, and loves eachother like the brothers and sisters of the planet Earth we all are.
People here (and there, and up and down - now I sound like Dr. Seuss...) don't even realize that what they're saying is offensive. Sometimes I think that because there aren't those groups to offend aren't present in a major way, the rammifications of saying things in a derogitory sense are never fully realized.
I just used too many big words. I have to go to bed now.
On another note, I suggest Talladega Nights with the divine Will Ferrell (born in IRVINE, yo)
"it's a little known fact that 98% of us will die one day"
pax.
Yes, still in Iowa am I. And also still without a phone charger.
How can one lose such an important item. No one would want to steal a phone charger. Especially for my stupid phone. It's not big or novel or wonderful. This little piece of black plastic and metal up and ran away. I haven't taken it out of the place I'm staying and have searched this place high and low to no avail. It has become a house issue. I have all 10 occupants of 1215 23rd Street on RED ALERT for my friggin' phone charger.
So, in case you are trying to get ahold of me (doubtful) you can email me and I'll call you on the phone card I got at the gas station down the street. They have fountian sodas.
You know what's intersting about the soda here? Well, besides the fact that they call it pop. The VARIETY. Hot diggity dog. The not only offer both Dr. Pepper AND Mountian Dew regularly but many places also offer diet versions of said refreshments. What a NOVEL ideal.
We had the first day of recruitment today at UNI. It went well for the most part. The women are ready and excited and it couldn't be any better. It's nice to finally get into the "game", the "zone" whatever. Just no more work week. Onto the timing and the number crunching! Holler.
Being in the middle of the country for so long has really made me start to realize the differences between the left coast, the right coast, and everything in between. Some of the things that people say as just part of everyday language here make me CRINGE. It's just been part of my education, just kind of daily banter, and the cultural norm to be as politically correct as humanly possible. And not just for the sake of being PC, but because of common human decency. Because in California everyone holds hands, skips, and loves eachother like the brothers and sisters of the planet Earth we all are.
People here (and there, and up and down - now I sound like Dr. Seuss...) don't even realize that what they're saying is offensive. Sometimes I think that because there aren't those groups to offend aren't present in a major way, the rammifications of saying things in a derogitory sense are never fully realized.
I just used too many big words. I have to go to bed now.
On another note, I suggest Talladega Nights with the divine Will Ferrell (born in IRVINE, yo)
"it's a little known fact that 98% of us will die one day"
pax.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home