It's been a week...
... and the novelty that is Evanston has yet to wear off...
Besides the fact that most things close Irvinishly early (i guess it's a "summer thing"), it definitley has a college town feel. I really hope I get a chance to explore the Northwestern campus and see the beach. I feel like my weekends are spent doing the errand-y things I can't do between 9-5 on the weekdays... which is a total change for this studio art major who had a ton of night classes!!!
I still need to get into Chicago and tap the resources and see the sights. I need to make a day to do the Chicago Institue of Art... I'm suprised I haven't gone. I'd also like to see the Field Museum - they're hosting King Tut there. I saw him, rather a bunch of his stuff, in LA - and as a museum geek I like to compare how the same show is curated in different locations.
We got our assignments for the first month, and boy am I going to be EVERYWHERE. In August, I will be going to 4 states I have yet to set foot in. I get to color them in on the map now. HOLLER. But more about the specifics of that later... It's late here and I've had too much fun this weekend and need to get back to the grind nice and early tomorrow AM.
pax.
Besides the fact that most things close Irvinishly early (i guess it's a "summer thing"), it definitley has a college town feel. I really hope I get a chance to explore the Northwestern campus and see the beach. I feel like my weekends are spent doing the errand-y things I can't do between 9-5 on the weekdays... which is a total change for this studio art major who had a ton of night classes!!!
I still need to get into Chicago and tap the resources and see the sights. I need to make a day to do the Chicago Institue of Art... I'm suprised I haven't gone. I'd also like to see the Field Museum - they're hosting King Tut there. I saw him, rather a bunch of his stuff, in LA - and as a museum geek I like to compare how the same show is curated in different locations.
We got our assignments for the first month, and boy am I going to be EVERYWHERE. In August, I will be going to 4 states I have yet to set foot in. I get to color them in on the map now. HOLLER. But more about the specifics of that later... It's late here and I've had too much fun this weekend and need to get back to the grind nice and early tomorrow AM.
pax.


1 Comments:
Johnanna Banana, after my x-country trip I'm at 39... so make that your goal and you'll probably end up surpassing me in State count! Sounds like you're having a jolly ole time already so good luck and keep me posted! xoxoxo :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home