Training is DONE!
Well, Howdy Y'all!
Sorry I've been bad about updating, but the last few days finishing up training have been extra exhausting. I should be down in the bunk room packing up (whilst leaving the 20lbs of crap i packed OVER the limit here...) Training went way too fast - but I'm happy it's over. Naturally I'll miss seing and hanging out with the other ELC's all the time, but I'm ready to apply what I've learned. And I'm qualified too - i'm 2006's TOP ELC. Haha - the last day of training we did a set of fast-paced competitions that tested all of our knowledge and skills (no not numchuck skills) and I got the highest amout of points and was thus rewarded A STARBUCKS CARD. HOLLER.
Chicago is such a wonderful town. I really hope that I get to spend some more time her during debriefing (and maybe after? hey? hey? hey?) I love being in a big city - the hustle and bustle, culture, food, shopping, the trash, the major sports teams - it's wonderful. Wish we lived a little closer to the city, but rides on the L are always an adventure. Also, I think i'd enjoy the town if all 7 of us weren't retiring to the bunkroom. Regardless... It's been GREAT. Maybe in December I'll get around to the touristy stuff. I'd much rather do it in the cold vs. the heat.
Well, I leave tomorrow for Oklahoma where we'll be working in Norman at OU. (GO SOONERS!) Team Sooner will be working on rush, and the elc's will be heading to the major campus open house for formal rush called "Girls Night Out". I'll be working on some art projects, too - helping with the banners they do for recruitment. It's an OU thing, but they paint these ginormous rush banners on BEDSHEETS. So yeah, that's my first major work assignment. Painting a bedsheet. Dont' get me wrong, i'm REALLY stoked.
After 3 days in OK, I then leave for the University of Northern Iowa. I will be there helping out with their polish week and recruitment. It should be pretty nice though, I'll be there from the 8 -20th of August, should give me some time to get a bit of rest in there. After Iowa it's onto Texas A & M, Commerce then Central Missouri State University... and that completes August.
Well, I must go downstairs and attempt to make some sense of the life that is spilling out of my suitcase. I will report to you the final weight of my suitcase at the airport (bearing in mind that I will be living out of it for the next 9 months - holler.)
And thus starts the adventure...
pax.
Sorry I've been bad about updating, but the last few days finishing up training have been extra exhausting. I should be down in the bunk room packing up (whilst leaving the 20lbs of crap i packed OVER the limit here...) Training went way too fast - but I'm happy it's over. Naturally I'll miss seing and hanging out with the other ELC's all the time, but I'm ready to apply what I've learned. And I'm qualified too - i'm 2006's TOP ELC. Haha - the last day of training we did a set of fast-paced competitions that tested all of our knowledge and skills (no not numchuck skills) and I got the highest amout of points and was thus rewarded A STARBUCKS CARD. HOLLER.
Chicago is such a wonderful town. I really hope that I get to spend some more time her during debriefing (and maybe after? hey? hey? hey?) I love being in a big city - the hustle and bustle, culture, food, shopping, the trash, the major sports teams - it's wonderful. Wish we lived a little closer to the city, but rides on the L are always an adventure. Also, I think i'd enjoy the town if all 7 of us weren't retiring to the bunkroom. Regardless... It's been GREAT. Maybe in December I'll get around to the touristy stuff. I'd much rather do it in the cold vs. the heat.
Well, I leave tomorrow for Oklahoma where we'll be working in Norman at OU. (GO SOONERS!) Team Sooner will be working on rush, and the elc's will be heading to the major campus open house for formal rush called "Girls Night Out". I'll be working on some art projects, too - helping with the banners they do for recruitment. It's an OU thing, but they paint these ginormous rush banners on BEDSHEETS. So yeah, that's my first major work assignment. Painting a bedsheet. Dont' get me wrong, i'm REALLY stoked.
After 3 days in OK, I then leave for the University of Northern Iowa. I will be there helping out with their polish week and recruitment. It should be pretty nice though, I'll be there from the 8 -20th of August, should give me some time to get a bit of rest in there. After Iowa it's onto Texas A & M, Commerce then Central Missouri State University... and that completes August.
Well, I must go downstairs and attempt to make some sense of the life that is spilling out of my suitcase. I will report to you the final weight of my suitcase at the airport (bearing in mind that I will be living out of it for the next 9 months - holler.)
And thus starts the adventure...
pax.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home